After I installed my extended front shock absorbers, the upper A-arm moved down quite a bit and the ball joint angle became too steep, the rubber boot kept popping off the joint.( I have about 23" between the hub center and the fender, unloaded)
Also it looked like I ended up with too much negative caster.
I made a spacer that bolts in between the joint and the upper arm, it moves the arm up a bit and it also tilts the ball joint.
There is a retainer plate that secures the spacer in place with one bolt through the center and two bolts through the original ball joint mounting holes.
I may have to make a different one later as I have not done a wheel alignment yet.